Series of 10
BASIC Sewing & Patternmaking Level 1: Top & Skirt
If you’ve done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques, you are ready for this class. If you’re not familiar with the sewing machine, click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
10 Session Workshop | Total of 25 hours: (2.5 hrs/session)
Welcome to our most comprehensive foundation course on how to draft your own clothes from scratch!
Our foundational course covers drafting & sewing in your own size – this in-depth basic course covers sewing a top with sleeves, collar & a skirt with waistband and invisible zipper fastening.
Learn to take accurate measurements & draft a set of customised basic pattern blocks. We will also cover how to manipulate your top, skirt and sleeve drafts to alter your neckline, flare, silhouette and lengths. Loaded with sewing techniques such as overlocking raw edges, finishing methods such as facing, attaching a straight waistband, a flat collar and installing concealed zipper & set-in sleeves.
Pick up basic dressmaking techniques with our easy-to-understand lessons in small-class sizes taught by friendly trainers.
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided. You will be briefed on the materials needed on the first class session.
New students will receive a complimentary set of 3 drafting rulers worth $30!
What You’ll Learn:
- Drafting your own pattern templates and taking body measurements from scratch.
- Cutting & sewing your very own top and skirt.
- How to operate domestic machines and use the tools necessary for sewing.
- Hands-on stitching methods and effective sewing steps for dressmaking.
- Fundamental understanding of drafting patterns, layout and cutting on-grain.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups.
- Additional studio time is charged at $30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.