BASIC Sewing & Patternmaking Level 2: Dress
If you’ve done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques, you are ready for this class. If you’re not familiar with the sewing machine, click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
Students enrolling in this class should have taken the
Otherwise, please contact us to discuss your level of experience. This class is NOT a pre-requisite for our INTERMEDIATE classes.
5 Session Workshop | Total of 12.5 hours: (2.5 hrs/session)
We hear you! Yes, we love our dresses too! In this intensive basic foundation class, you will learn how to take accurate measurements, modify our basic top, and install a lining! Covering a variety of necklines, skirt variations and adding sleeves, construct a figure-flattering and sophisticated dress complete with beautiful finishes.
Perfect for all body shapes and sizes! Build confidence in your sewing skills and learn how to add a lining and install a concealed zipper.
Develop the skills you need to move on to more complicated pieces to create fit & dimension.
Pick up dressmaking tricks-of-the-trade with our easy-to-understand lessons in small class sizes taught by friendly trainers!
What You’ll Learn:
- Take accurate body measurements
- Customize your own dress block and pick up the skills to do for others too!
- Learn patternmaking variations in necklines, skirts, and learn how to draw a sleeve from scratch.
- Sewing construction techniques include invisible zipper installation, assembling panels and concealing finishes with a lining
- Pick up finishing skills and techniques to make your garment look polished and immaculately done on both the outside & the inside.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.