Basic Fabric Studies and Fashion Production (Design, Draft & Sew Dress with Lining)
10 Session Workshop | Total of 30 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Welcome to our Fabric Studies and Fashion Production (Design, Draft & Sew Dress with Lining) Course! We will be teaching you a comprehensive foundation on how to create your own garments from scratch!
- Take measurements of the human body according to the industry standard for making garments or for doing the fitting.
- Develop and manipulate pattern drafts both in quarter-scale and full-scale for a range of womenswear dresses including the princess line dress, complete with lining with different design variations.
- Operate, utilize, and perform basic maintenance for the sewing machine and the overlock machine.
- Layout, prepare, and cut fabric accurately for garment-making
- Execute the sewing sequence and procedures for dresses along with different seams, zippers, and types of finishes.
- Fit and alter your dress
What you will achieve:
- Develop and improve your technical knowledge and skills in garment making.
New students will receive a Complimentary Set of 3 drafting rulers worth $30!
You're not required to bring anything for your first day of class. Kindly wear slightly tight-fitting clothing for measurement-taking. You may bring and change it here if you would like to. All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines will be provided for class use. Fabrics and zippers are not provided. You will be briefed on any further materials needed during class.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups.
- No assessment for this course
- Not skillsfuture claimable.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.