Alterations 101 - Giveaway Winners
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
1 Session Workshop | Total of 3 hours
All supplies included in cost of class.
Get a grip of how to make alterations to your clothes!
Love something that you bought but can’t wear it? Our alteration workshop will give you an overview and fundamental understanding of alterations. You will learn steps from replacing buttons expertly, how to taper and take in your side seams without an overlock/ serger. How to take in and finish raw edges after trimming them, extending and reducing lengths on your garments and how to give any sewing project a luxurious finish.
Create a variety of hems & leave confident with your samples to remind yourself of these techniques. Give your garments a professional finish after getting them to your desired lengths.
We will cover these alteration techniques:
- Hand-stitching buttons techniques
- Satin bias-binding on curves
- French seaming for adding extension/lengthening
- Hemming for trousers
- Tapering/shaping for fit
- Sewing tricks + tips for easy construction at home
What You’ll Learn:
- An overview and a basic understanding of alterations
- How to press & prepare your garments before making modifications
- Various types of hem finishes & tricks + tips for easy construction
- Different hemming types & their uses
- Button-sewing techniques
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.