Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) & Class Policies
Where do I find my Store Credits/FMS Points?
- Login to your Account.
- Head to the homepage: https://www.fashionmakerspace.com
- On the Bottom Right Corner, Click on the Rewards tab
How do I redeem my Store Credits/FMS Points?
- On the Bottom Right Corner, Click on the Rewards tab
- Under Next Rewards, there is Order Discount. Click on Redeem
- Select Amount to Redeem
- Copy Code & Apply at Checkout
What can I use my FMS Points with?
- You can use your points to offset certain classes in our studio, such as our Fashion Sewing Classes & E-Classes.
- If you have store credits or would like to confirm which classes are eligible for your points, please contact us.
Please note that the following is not eligible for FMS Points
1. Our Bundle Classes (e.g. Starter Bundle, Alterations Bundle, etc.
2. All physical items in studio (e.g studio supplies, machines, etc.)
Is there an expiry date to the FMS Points?
- Yes, it will be 24 months from your last purchase.
- If you have made a purchase before the date of your expiry, the points will be extended 18 months from your new date of purchase.
- Purchase #1 [Paid on 1 Jul 2021, Points expire on 31 June 2023]
- Purchase #2 [Paid on 1 Sep 2021, Points will renew, from date of purchase and expire on 31 Aug 2023]
- Any points awarded BEFORE 31 Jun 2021, will start their expiry on 1 JUL 2021 and expire on 31 Jun 2023
What is your Class Size?
- Our class sizes are small, ranging from 5, for digital or dressmaking classes with multiple sessions, up to 10 people for single session craft workshops. This means more personal coaching time with your trainer, essential in any hands-on creative classes!
- [Update] Due to the current situation, we will keep classes according to the maximum limit set by the government.
- Our studio is outfitted with sewing machines, a 3-thread & a 4-thread overlock for use during class and studio time.
- If you prefer to work on your own machine, do remember to bring your dedicated footers and attachments along!
- Yes, we laud individual creativity & spontaneity! Book us for our private workshops, We can help you realise and complete your digital concepts, fashion projects or design ideas that may require sewing skills. The process starts with an consultation at our studio in Chinatown about your idea – this helps us both to set realistic targets for the project – budget friendly for you, and work savvy for us!. Small group lessons also available.
- Our starter and accessories classes includes all fabric and trims like zips, buttons.
- For our Fashion Sewing and Sewing & Pattern-making classes, you will bring fabrics and trims of your choice, we’ll rather not cramp your fashion style!
- In the event that you miss a class, please contact us as soon as possible to schedule a make-up session or be allocated to another time slot or intake*. Do take note there administrative charges will apply.
Single Day Classes
- You will be allocated to another time slot*
Fashion Sewing Classes
- Please kindly refer to the email sent to select the next available timeslot for your class
Sewing & Pattern Making Classes
- You will be allocated to another time slot/intake*
- In the event that a make up class (custom timing) is required or requested*, it can be scheduled at the rate of $50/hr.
Additional Class/Class Extension
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15 - $30/hr
What is the difference between Fashion Sewing vs.
Sewing & Pattern-making Classes?
Fashion Sewing classes are for our students who want to practice and improve on their sewing, from learning how to do seam sewing to installing a concealed zipper, whilst coming out with an stylish new outfit to wear everyday. High recommended for beginners!
Sewing & Pattern-making classes are for our students who are ready for the next step, learning how to make their own clothes. From learning how to make your Master Block to learning how to customise your design to suit your style & preference, we welcome all students to embark on this journey to fashion freedom.
- You can find out about our SkillsFuture Classes Here.
- Kindly fill in our "Register Your Interest" form here
- Please kindly fill in all your details. Do check that all details submitted are accurate to ensure no delays in enrolment.
If there no available dates that fit your schedule, kindly select OTHER DATES. We will be noted on your preferred date and may post it for the new dates for the class
- Give us a moment, and we will check on your grant availability. An email will be sent to indicate the course breakdown, and to confirm signing up for the class.
- Kindly reply to the email to confirm. An invoice with instructions for the SkillsFuture claim will be sent to your email.
- Kindly provide us with the Claim ID. And you are all set! We will be sending out an email within the week before the start of the first day of class.
Help! I still have questions.
- Not to worry, we’re happy to help! Send us an email at email@example.com or call us at +65 81397787 and we’ll figure it out together.
Alright, I am all set! But which is the right Class for me to begin with?
- You may refer to our Class Guide Chart below to find the suitable class for you to be
*Subject to availability of the classes and trainers. Do refer to our Class Polices here before booking a class.
We do NOT send reminders for classes once your transaction is completed. In the rare event the class does not take place or if we are unable to hit the minimum pax of 2 for non-WSQ or 3 for WSQ Classes, we will notify you by email/ phone and will offer you an alternative or refund.
For WSQ Classes, kindly ensure all necessary payments / SkillsFuture claims are made within 3 days from your order date in order for your slot to be confirmed. For non-WSQ classes, we will reserve your slot once we receive full payment.
Please inform us as soon as possible if you are not able to attend your booked class (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
There will be a rescheduling admin fee of $30/change of date.
Additional cost will apply if we have to offer a custom timing make-up class at $50/hr.
If you are not able to attend due to illness, please email us a Medical Certificate and your make-up class will be complimentary.
Missing a Class
In the event that you do not attend the class without prior notice, the class will be forfeited. Should you wish to reschedule after, please email us and we will allow you to book based on the rescheduled rates. Administrative and training charges will apply.
Please contact us as soon as possible to schedule a make-up session so that you will be able to catch up with the rest of the class.
Cancellations / Refunds / Withdrawals
Please inform us as soon as possible if you are not able to attend your booked class. If you would like a refund or withdraw from the course, our policy is:
14 calendar days or more before the class start date: Full workshop fee refund
Less than 14 calendar days before / Day of the workshop / After the workshop: Full workshop fee forfeited
In the unlikely event of unforeseen exceptional circumstances, Fashion Makerspace reserves the right to change the date of or cancel an event. If that occurs, a refund of any payment made will be offered.
Fashion Makerspace reserves the right to make changes to its trainers, schedules and prices without prior notice. Where applicable, these changes will be reflected on the website.
Please note that if you require more than the stipulated class time, there will be an additional $50/hr charge. Such classes are subjected to the trainers’ availability.
We strive to start & end all classes on time. Please arrive 5 minutes early if possible.If you are over 30 minutes late, you will need to reschedule as you will miss a significant portion of the class, and catching you up won’t be fair to the other students. We seek your understanding on this.
FMS Points are applicable for classes conducted by Fashion Makerspace trainers, Patterns for Sale and Co-Sewing hours. The points cannot be used towards Guest Trainer classes, sewing products, supplies, fabrics, refresher rates and make up classes. The points cannot be used together with ongoing promotions and discounts.
Credit Card via Stripe
Bank Transfer/ Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
Beneficiary Name: Fashion Makerspace Pte Ltd
Bank Name : DBS Current Account
Acct. Number : 070-902178-6
- Cash (in our studio)
Disclaimer Regarding Audio/Photo/Video Recording of Classes/Workshops/Events
Please note that when you schedule a class with us, you automatically consent to interview(s), audio recording, photography, videography, their release or reproduction to be used for news, advertising, promotional purposes or for any other purpose that Fashion Makerspace Pte Ltd, its employees and all persons involved with the interview(s), audio recording, photography, videography, their release or production deem fit.
By entering the Fashion Makerspace Pte Ltd studio, you waive all rights you may have to any claims in payment, ownership, royalties with any form of release or reproduction of materials stipulated above, regardless of any fee of admission. You also waive any rights to inspect or approve any audio recording, photo, video or copywriting taken and done by Fashion Makerspace Pte Ltd, its employees and all persons involved.