[WSQ] Sewing & Patternmaking of Womenswear Dresses (with Lining)
Click here to Register your Interest
Welcome to our second WSQ-certified course where we will provide you with a comprehensive foundation course on how to create your own garments from scratch!
- Take measurements of the human body according to the industry standard for making garments or for doing the fitting.
- Develop and manipulate pattern drafts both in quarter-scale and full-scale for a range of womenswear dresses including the princess line dress, complete with lining with different design variations.
- Operate, utilise, and perform basic maintenance for the sewing machine and the overlock machine.
- Layout, prepare, and cut fabric accurately for garment-making
- Execute the sewing sequence and procedures for dresses along with different seams, zippers, and types of finishes.
- Fit and alter your dress
What you will achieve:
- Improve your technical knowledge and skills in garment making.
- Achieve recognition as a qualified patternmaker and sewist at the foundational level.
- You will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for WSQ Sewing & Patternmaking of Womenswear Dresses (with Lining).
CLASS DATES & PRICE
PHYSICAL / ONLINE CLASSES AVAILABLE.
*IMPT: This course is largely subsidised for Singaporeans & PRs. The grant amount differs between individuals, and we will contact you to confirm the amount. You may use Skillsfuture credits to top-up the balance payable as well.
12 Session Workshop | Total of 42.5 hours: (3.5 hrs/session)
|(Selling Fast) 4th JUL - 19th SEP, every SUN||9:30am - 1pm||Normal|
|13th JUL - 5th OCT, every TUE||6:30pm -
|(Selling Fast) 18th JUL - 3rd OCT, every SUN||2pm - 5:30pm||Normal|
|30th JUL - 15th OCT, every FRI||9:30am - 1pm||Normal|
|(SOLD OUT) 6th MAY - 29th JUL, every THU (Exc. 13th MAY)||9:30am - 1pm||Normal|
|(SOLD OUT) 20th MAY - 5th AUG, every THU||2pm - 5:30pm||Normal|
No dates suitable? Please contact us or Whatsapp us @ 8139 7787
1. PHYSICAL CLASS
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided for physical class use. Fabrics and zippers not provided. You will be briefed on any further materials needed during class.
Total Hours: 42.5 Hours
|Training: 38.5 hours (3.5 hours per session)|
Assessment: 4 hours
& EITHER OF THE BELOW
|1. Can I use my Skillsfuture credit to claim for this course?|
Yes, you can use whatever Skillsfuture credit balance to claim for this course on top of the provided subsidy.
We will inform you how much grant you are eligible for and the balance you will be required to pay. Once you have this balance amount, you can submit your Skillsfuture credit claim here at https://www.skillsfuture.sg/Credit
Kindly inform us of the status of your claim as well so we can update on our end. You may make this submission between 60 days up to 5 days before the course starts.
|2. If I have no sewing experience, can I join?|
Yes, you may join as we will be teaching everyone starting from the basics to achieve the same level of proficiency.
|3. Can I miss any classes?|
Ideally not because all classes are progressively planned. However, as the government funds the grant, you are required to achieve 75% attendance as you will be liable to pay the grant back if you don't achieve this requirement.
IMPT: Attendance is compulsory for Assessment. It will be on Day 7 (Express) and Day 7 & 14 (Non-Express/Regular)
|4. Can I reschedule to a different intake/timing or cancel my enrollment?|
We highly discourage this, but there's an admin charge of $50 should you need to reschedule.
|5. What happens if I don't pass the assessment?|
You can appeal for a re-assessment. This re-assessment should be taken within 3 weeks of the last assessment. A re-assessment fee applies.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups.
- Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.