Series of 3
Sewing & Patternmaking 101: T-Shirt
If you’ve done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques, you are ready for this class. If you’re not familiar with the sewing machine, click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
3 Session Workshop | Total of 10.5 hours
Want to learn to make your own clothes and not sure where to start? This is the perfect course for you then! In case you’re wondering, we offer guys’ sizing too.
This starter course in Sewing & Patternmaking covers drafting & sewing a T-shirt in your own size – this course will involve learning how to take accurate measurements and drawing your own bodice and sleeve templates to suit your own sizing! Now, that’s what we call the perfect size.
You will learn how to handle stretch fabric and sew up a round or V-neck T-shirt, all with the use of a domestic sewing machine and an overlocking machine. Sewing techniques covered include overlocking raw edges, attaching a collar, installing set-in sleeves and hemming tricks for stretch fabrics!
Pick up sewing & patternmaking with our easy-to-understand lessons in small-class sizes taught by friendly trainers.
All materials, sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
What You’ll Learn:
- Taking body measurements accurately
- Drafting your bodice and sleeve template based on your size measurements
- Tips & tricks on how to handle stretch fabrics
- Foundational understanding of drafting patterns, layout and cutting on-grain.
- Cutting & sewing your very T-shirt complete with sleeves and a collar
Keen to purchase cotton fabrics from our studio ?
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.