Series of 3
Kidswear: Boys’ Tang Shirt K302
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
3 Session Workshop | Total of 9 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Your kiddo will be most fashionably ‘ethnic’ this Chinese New Year! Make your li’l one his very own Tang Shirt (or Tangzhuang) all ready to welcome the year of the Rooster!
Our Kidswear Tang Shirt is an easy project to complete in 3 sessions – learn to construct a Mandarin collar, apply contrast bias-binding and attach cute Chinese-knot buttons for design.
Get the li’l one all dressed up in your very own custom-made outfit!
3 Sizes suitable: 1-2 years | 3-4 years | 5-6 years
If your measurements fall out of this range, please call us at 8139 7787 or email us at email@example.com to pre-arrange a custom draft. Additional charges may apply.
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Zippers not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended
Your First Session:
- 1 metre of non-stretch cotton fabric
- Own choice of buttons.
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Construct Mandarin stand collar
- Creating a button placket
- How to apply contrast binding for design
- Fabric grain-lines & its uses
- Pattern layout + cutting techniques
- Fabric prep & applying interfacing
- Overlocking raw edges
- Seaming & Topstitching hems
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr (GST incl.)
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable