BASIC Sewing & Patternmaking: Kidswear (Girls)
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
8 Session Workshop | Total of 20 hours: (2.5 hrs/session)
Welcome to your very first in-depth course on how to make your girls’ clothes from scratch!
From ages 3 to 14, our sewing & patternmaking course covers drafting & sewing in your kids’ own size – this in depth basic course covers sewing our dress & skirt for your girl even as she grows!
Learn how to take accurate measurements of your little one & draft a set of customised basic pattern blocks for a top, skirt, sleeve and dress. We will cover pattern manipulation techniques to create different types of skirts, dresses as well as different types of necklines and sleeves, all sweetly packed in this class.
Pick up these kids dressmaking techniques with our easy-to-understand lessons in small-class sizes taught by friendly trainers.
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided. No materials needed on the first day. You will be briefed on the materials needed on the first class session.
New students will receive a complimentary set of 3 drafting rulers worth $30!
What You’ll Learn:
- Customize your kids’ drafts and take their body measurements from scratch.
- How to operate domestic machines and use the appropriate finishing techniques.
- Pattern drafting and sewing for various skirt patterns covering the A-line, gathered, flared and circular skirt
- Pattern drafting and sewing for various top & sleeve patterns covering different necklines, collars and the flared and puff sleeves
- Cutting techniques and fabric layout
Keen to purchase cotton fabrics from our studio ?
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time is charged at $30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.