Series of 1
Fashion Sewing 102: Foundation to Sewing, Measurement & Cutting Techniques
This class is the next step for who have completed our beginner Fashion Sewing 101 class or equivalent. If you’re not familiar with the sewing machine, Click Here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
Get Fashion Sewing 101 & Fashion Sewing 102 at $98 only! (Usual Price $126) Click HERE
FOR AGES 13 & ABOVE
1 Session Workshop | Total of 2 Hours
Welcome to the next level of the beginner's course, suited for those who want to learn more about the making of garments, and a prelude to all sewing courses, basically a class jam-packed full of foundational techniques!
You will learn how to take use the overlocker, how to cut fabrics correctly and accurately, right up to doing a pouch and even taking your own body measurements.
We will also share lots of sewing tips, and delve into the understanding of bag and garment-making. This is for anyone keen on sewing, fashion, handmade, crafts etc.
All materials, tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
What You’ll Learn:
- Recognise fabric weave types, grain lines & how to use them to cut
- Cutting techniques and the intricacies of using the fabric scissors
- Apply your sewing techniques of seam allowances and construction methods to making a handy pouch
- Using the overlock machine
- Taking a full set of body measurements accurately
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups.
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.