Series of 1
Fashion Sewing 101: Introduction to Sewing
Have kids below 12 years old? We recommend signing up for: Kids Sewing 101
FOR AGES 13 & ABOVE
*IMPROVED CONTENT for 2020!
1 Session Workshop | Total of 2.5 Hours
Welcome to the sewing world! We have crafted this course so that you walk away with skills to get you started on your next class or project- learn about setting up your machine, machine tension, sewing along seam allowances, different stitches and more! We will also share many sewing tips and where to buy supplies for your next project. This is for anyone keen at sewing, fashion, handmade, crafts etc.
All skill-sets are welcome! Join us in a 2-hour long hands-on and practice with the machine, complete with a virtual fashion field trip after, to the textile market just next door! We would love to help you get started!
All materials, tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to setup and operate domestic machines and use the tools necessary for sewing.
- Hands-on stitching practice and pick up many sewing tips from our trainers
- Practice seam allowances, how to align fabrics and learn where to sew
- Virtual tour Chinatown textile market right-next-door
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 3 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15 - $30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.