Series of 3
Fashion Sewing 207 - Shift Dress *Custom Fit
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
3 Session Workshop | Total of 9 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Pick up the skills to make a cute sheath dress in your own desired fabric! Featuring a bust dart to complement your curves, and a sleeveless armhole for our tropical heat, this dress is an absolute staple for your dress-down Fridays and or your pointy-heeled weekdays!
In this 3 session workshop chock full of tricks-of-the-trade, you will get to use a domestic serger to overlock edges, plus how to lay & cut patterns, install an invisible zipper and more importantly, learn the techniques to make a sleeveless outfit!
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
Contact us at least 1 week before the class start date for us to take your measurements (Contact No: 81397787/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Zippers not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended
Your First Class:
- 22″ invisible zipper
- 2 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Techniques to clean finish edges for a sleeveless outfit
- Installing a discreet invisible zipper
- Handling & using the overlocker and sewing machine
- Using tools necessary for sewing & construction
- Basic understanding of reading patterns & laying out fabric
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
This class is part of our 200 Fashion Sewing Series, designed for the beginning sewist who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques to making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!