Series of 4
Fashion Sewing 208A – Shang-High Collar Top *Custom Fit
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
4 Session Workshop | Total of 12 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Featuring our Shang-High Collar aka Grown-on collar in a top that allows a woman to have that self-confident pulled-together look every day, whether she is dropping off the kids, or at work, or that meeting or date at the coffee shop. It flatters the neckline and fits everyone’s personality, style, and shape – accentuating your best features! Pick your own fabrics to sew up your very own urban glamour!
Learn how to work with the extended collar, darts and invisible zippers. Pick up multiple sewing tips and bring your sewing to the next level with this very comprehensive class.
Womenswear: Grown-on collared top with concealed zipper back.
Option of extended cap sleeve or sleeveless.
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
Contact us at least 1 week before the class start date for us to take your measurements (Contact No: 81397787/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Zippers not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended
Your First Class:
- 10″ concealed zipper
- 2 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric
- 2-3 chinese frog buttons
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Installing a grown-on collar
- Attaching neck and armhole facings
- Attaching a center back seam concealed zipper
- Understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses.
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock machine
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
This class is part of our 200 Fashion Sewing Series, designed for the beginning sewist who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques to making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!