Series of 3
Fashion Sewing 235 - Extended Shoulder Top with Side Contrasts | ONLEWO X FMS
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
3 Session Workshop | Total of 9 hours: (3 hrs/session)
This top is a great addition to anyone's wardrobe with its versatile style that can be done in many different fabrics. The contrast side panel and tiered hem adds an interesting take to the regular side seams.
The top is sewn in the "Peranakan Story" fabric.
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabrics not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
- WITHOUT CONTRAST: 1.5 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric
- WITH CONTRAST: 1 metre of Fabric A with 0.5 metres of Fabric B, both in non-stretch cotton
- 3 buttons (diameter 1.2 - 1.5cm diameter)
What You’ll Learn
- Creating a half-button placket
- Installing a mandarin collar
- Finishing a curved hem
- Using tools necessary for sewing
- Basic understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock and sewing machine
- Clean-finishing fabric edges
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
Story about the "Peranakan Story" Prints:
The design is inspired by symbols found in many facets of the Peranakan Culture. Reflecting wealth and good fortune, these symbols can be found on throughout the history of Peranakan on fabrics, china wares, wood furniture, jewelries, etc. As a brand that promotes meaningful local narratives through patterns and colors, Onlewo draws on the rich Peranakan design heritage to create this series of patterns, which are in return a tribute to the original creativity of the Peranakan culture.
Onlewo 安乐窝 draws inspiration from its Singapore root to create pattern designs with stories. Through our contemporary rendition of heritage, places and culture in Singapore and Asia, expressed on home, fashion and lifestyle goods, we hope to connect people and memories, enliven conversations and ignite new passions.
Check them out at: https://onlewo.com/