Series of 5
Fashion Sewing 217 – Asymmetric Pleated Panel Top *Custom Fit
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
5 Session Workshop | Total of 15 hours: (3 hrs/session)
This fun, fresh and chic asymmetrical top cuts at all the right places. Sculpted and flattering to the body, it features a stand collar with a sleek edge, flushed with a hidden placket button closure.
Contrast it with a pleated panel to add some tonal tailoring to this snappy top, and you'll be ready for work, play or a night out with your loved ones!
Pick up multiple sewing techniques to add these features to your projects, understand pattern-reading, construct and assemble a trendy piece with the fabrics you love!
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
Contact us at least 1 week before the class start date for us to take your measurements (Contact No: 81397787/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Buttons not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
Your First Session:
- 8 shirt buttons (1.2cm - 2cm in diameter)
Fabric Option A (No Contrast) | 2m non-stretch cotton fabric
- Fabric Option B (With Contrast) | 1.5m + 0.5m of contrast non-stretch cotton fabric
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Installation of hidden placket button closure onto the design
- Finishing a top with a stand collar
- Preparing and sewing on a pleated panel
- Pattern laying & cutting
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock and sewing machine.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
Our Cut & Sew Series is designed for the beginning sewist, who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques for making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!