Series of 5
Fashion Sewing 303 – Menswear Long Sleeve Shirt *Custom Fit
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
5 Session Workshop | Total of 15 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Menswear: Long-sleeved collared shirt with full button placket and cuffs.
A slim-fit everyday classic shirt for men. Use cotton poplin for the office-shirt look, or batik for the casual, relaxed fit, with a shirttail hem to make it look good whether it's tucked in or out!
The shirt comes with full placket button detailing & long sleeves that make it an easy staple for the men's' wardrobe. Learn pattern-reading & cutting techniques, how to sew up, assemble & add finishing touches to this classic men's' workday favourite.
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
Contact us at least 1 week before the class start date for us to take your measurements (Contact No: 81397787/ Email: email@example.com)
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabrics are not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
Your First Session:
- 12 buttons
- 2.5 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric.
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You'll Learn
- Preparation and assembly of the collar stand and collar pieces
- Inserting a full-placket shirt front
- Prepping and attaching long sleeves and finishing it with a cuff
- Buttonhole assembly via machine
- Seaming & top-stitching techniques for joining
- Hemming techniques to create a shirt-tail hem
- Pattern laying & cutting
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock and sewing machine.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
Our 300 Fashion Sewing Series is designed for the beginning sewist who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques to making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!