Series of 5
Fashion Sewing 204 – Contemporary Cheongsam *Custom Fit
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
5 Session Workshop | Total of 15 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Perfect for festive wear or a casual date, our Contemporary Cheongsam comes with a twist. The dress is outfitted with options for a flared circle skirt or a lovely tulip skirt,* select the one that best reflects your style!
Put together your very own in this 5 session workshop chock full of tricks-of-the-trade.
Learn to use a domestic serger to overlock edges, pick up basic pattern reading + sewing techniques include how to assemble + finish a bias-bound Mandarin collar, install set-in sleeves and concealed zipper.
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
Contact us at least 1 week before the class start date for us to take your measurements (Contact No: 81397787/ Email: email@example.com)
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Zippers not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended
Your First Class:
- 24″ concealed zipper
- 2.5 – 3 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric
- 2-3 Chinese frog buttons & 1.5m of cotton bias tape.
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses.
- Pattern laying & cutting
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock machine
- Assembly + construction of cheongsam dress
- Attaching bias-bound collar & neckline.
- Inserting set-in sleeves and closed seam finish
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr (GST incl.)
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.