Series of 4
Fashion Sewing 211 – Tiered Cheongsam *Custom Fit
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
4 Session Workshop | Total of 12 hours: (3 hrs/session)
We bring you our brand new collection with this playful, colour-forward dress! Accented by contrast sleeve panels, a gathered tiered hem, and a beautiful keyhole neck detail.
This fun-take on the Cheongsam also comes with a back invisible zipper closure to make sure you get into it with ease, and front darting at the bust to create a graceful, sheath silhouette. Simply pick your fabrics to personalize and sew up this feminine piece in time for your next gathering!
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
Contact us at least 1 week before the class start date for us to take your measurements (Contact No: 81397787 | Email: email@example.com)
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Zippers not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
Your First Session:
- 1 Chinese knot button
- 24″ invisible/ concealed zipper
- Fabric Option A (No Contrast) | 2.5m non-stretch cotton fabric
- Fabric Option B (With Contrast) | 2m + 1m of contrast non-stretch cotton fabric
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Installing a gathered tiered peplum
- Sewing up a curved keyhole opening
- Adding contrast panels to shoulder
- Sewing up a Mandarin collar
- Hand sewing Chinese knot button
- Installing an invisible zipper
- Fabric pattern layout and cutting techniques
- Overlocking raw edges
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
This class is part of our 200 Fashion Sewing Series, designed for the beginning sewist who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques to making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!