Series of 6
Fashion Sewing 212 – Cheongsam Jumpsuit *Custom Fit
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
6 Session Workshop | Total of 18 hours: (3 hrs/session)
Putting an edge to the traditional cheongsam, this Asian-inspired jumpsuit comes with the option of shortening the length to turn it into a fun playsuit with shorts or elongating the hem to pair it with beautiful heels or trainers. This customized, figure-flattering silhouette features an elegant cut-out back detail, emphasized by contrast binding. Mandarin collars, sleeves and curved front feature highlighted and wrapped by the bias detail. Did we mention side pockets too?
You will learn plenty of techniques and tricks in this 6-session series, so pick out your fancy fabrics and make this your very own! Basic sewing experience is required.
THIS IS A CUSTOM FIT CLASS - All patterns are customized to your size.
Contact us at least 1 week before the class start date for us to take your measurements (Contact No: 81397787/ Email: email@example.com)
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & Zippers not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
Your First Session:
- 18″ concealed zipper
- 1 packet of 12mm cotton bias tape
- 2 sets of Chinese knot/ fabric-covered buttons.
- Front: 1 - 6 buttons (Quantity depends on design choice)
- Back Closure: 2 - 3 buttons (Quantity depends on design choice)
- 4 metres of non-stretch cotton fabric
Do get in touch for any clarifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Constructing and attaching pants to the bodice piece
- Installing side pockets into a garment
- Constructing a mandarin collar and attaching an invisible/concealed zipper
- Embellishing techniques with bias binding and finishing a cut-out detail
- Constructing and attaching sleeves with bias edging
- Understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses.
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock machine
- Sewing up fabric-covered/Chinese knot buttons
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.
This class is part of our 200 Fashion Sewing Series, designed for the beginning sewist who is ready to apply their new skills and techniques to making garments. It can also be a refresher class for basic techniques!