[SkillsFuture] Sewing: Women's Cheongsam (Dress or Jumpsuit)
Beginners may apply. All patterns are custom fit to your measurements.
*SKILLSFUTURE CREDIT CLAIMABLE*
7 Session Workshop | Total of 17.5 hours: (2.5 hrs/session)
Perfect for festive wear or a casual date, our Contemporary Cheongsam comes with a twist- it's outfitted with multiple options! So you can choose the type of sleeve, skirt/ pants combination that you want to sew up!
You will receive an email requesting for the measurements of the person you would like to work on, kindly submit them at least 7 days BEFORE coming to class.
- Sleeve - Normal or Flutter
- Skirt - Straight or Flare
- Side Pocket
All fabrics, sewing tools, machines are provided. Buttons are not provided. You will be given all the pattern options.
|20 DEC - 17 JAN (Every TUE & THU) *EXPRESS
Except 27 & 29 DEC
|6.30pm - 9pm
What You’ll Learn:
Attaching bias-bound feature and mandarin collar
- Installing a concealed/ invisible zipper
- How to sew and install a normal and flutter sleeve
- Adding the bottom of romper-style pants to your cheongsam
- Sewing up a normal and flared skirt
- Basic understanding of reading patterns & laying out fabric
- Handling & using the sewing & overlock machine
- Many sewing tips and finishing techniques that you can apply to your various projects
For students who have insufficient balance of SkillsFuture Credits, kindly take note that balance payments will need to be made at Tampines Changkat Community Club.