Basic Sewing & Patternmaking: Cheongsam
If you’ve done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques, you are ready for this class. If you’re not familiar with the sewing machine, click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class. This class is suitable for beginners.
12 Session Workshop | Total of 36 hours: (3hrs/session)
BRAND NEW SERIES
Develop your skill set from the beginning to finally make a beautifully fitted cheongsam drafted to your own measurements. You will learn how to take measurements, draft a cheongsam top and then adapt it into a cheongsam dress!
Flaunt your curves with your very own tailored cheongsam. The cheongsam dress comes complete with full lining, mandarin collar, cap sleeves and a flattering slit, this traditional silhouette never goes out of style! Using intermediate techniques with manipulating darts, curves and installing a discreet invisible zipper opening on the side, take your sewing and handwork skills to another level.
Develop the skills you need to move on to more complicated pieces to create fit & dimension.
Pick up dressmaking tricks-of-the-trade with our easy-to-understand lessons in small class sizes taught by friendly trainers!
What You’ll Learn:
- How to take accurate measurements and draft a cheongsam from scratch
- Understand how to develop basic dress patterns with dart manipulation
- Sewing construction techniques include invisible zipper installation with lining, mandarin collar, a finished slit opening.
- Developing finishing skills to make your garment look polished and immaculately done on both the outside & the inside.
All sewing tools and machines provided. Fabrics, zippers and buttons are NOT provided but will be advised later on during class.
Keen to purchase cotton fabrics from our studio?
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Individual & group workshops are available to book on request, please enquire. We also offer workshops not listed & can tailor them to suit your needs.
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.