Alterations 102 & Upcycling
Done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques? You are ready for this class.
Not familiar with the sewing machine? Click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
1 Session Workshop | Total of 3 hours
All supplies included in cost of class.
Learn techniques to modify your garments and mend them by hand too!
Looking to prolong the life of your garments or enhancing them by adding features like an elasticized hem or mending them with decorative hand-stiching even without a sewing machine?
You will learn a variety of techniques to jazz up and yet fix holes in your garments. Create a variety of features to modify and make your pieces more wearable, like adding drawstrings, gathers, straps, elastics, buttonholes and leave with samples to remind yourself of all these techniques!
What You’ll Learn:
- A variety of hand-stitching for mending techniques
- Decorative hand-stitching
- Doing alterations via hand-sewing
- Adding features like drawstrings and elastic hems
- Creating gathers and ruffles to add to garments
- Creating buttonholes
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes earlier if possible.
- The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
- Additional studio time for classes are charged at $15-$30/hr
- This course is not SkillsFuture claimable
Kindly refer to our class policies before signing up.